Notify Message
Forums
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Scythe Archive

Something Blue (April writing prompt)

Dirge fingered the silk ribbon, cringing as the delicate fabric snagged on her dried and peeling skin. Although it was too dark in the room to make out any colors, she knew every nuance of the fabric perfectly. She pictured the way it had looked t...
Small Eyselite 2y
Eyselite0118Small Eyselite 2y
Scythe Archive

Homesick Blues (April Writing Prompt)

The necklace in her hands features three jewels—the sapphires she knows can be found in the earthen hills of Mulgore.The note that accompanies this gift—found in her quarters in the Draenor compound—boxed and tied with a green tendril in an elabor...
Small Tuliverine 2y
Tuliverine0152Small Tuliverine 2y
Scythe Archive

Blue (April writing prompt)

((Sorry for the less-than-creative title; I'm bad at those.))---I stared down at it. It stared back up at me, eyes shining bright.Why the hell was I holding an infant Draenei?Oh, I knew how exactly I had gotten there, of course. I had been explori...
Member avatar small Legren 2y
Legren0131Member avatar small Legren 2y
1 2 3 4
Scythe Archive

The Correspondence of Eyselite and Tuliverine

Note: What follows is the correspondence sent by Tuliverine to his mentor, Eyselite, reporting on his progress in the quest she assigned him: The recovery of her oozeling. It should be noted that the handwriting of these letters is immaculate...Le...
Small Tuliverine 4y
Tuliverine747448Small Tuliverine 2y
Scythe Archive

Excerpts from the Journal of Eyselite

It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. ...
Small Eyselite 3y
Eyselite8629Small Eyselite 2y
Scythe Archive

From the Archives

Deep in the Undercity the bureaucrats of the Census oversee the dusty chambers of the records department and the archives. The archives contain journals, diaries and letters that provide first hand accounts of the origin of the Forsaken race. This...
Small Eyselite 3y
Eyselite51171Small Eyselite 2y
Scythe Archive

Hunting (Eadwig Short)

The cold tundra of Frostfire was no challenge to the Forsaken who crouched hidden in a snowbank. He sat motionless, uncaring about the lack of fire or warmth, his beaked face covered in snow as he stared into the snowstorm that surged around him. ...
Small Nucifara 2y
Nucifara0128Small Nucifara 2y
Scythe Archive

Bearings (Eyselite-ish short)

She opened her eyes.The world had shrunk to a space no bigger than her fist.She squinted, trying to make sense of what she was seeing. Blond hair, black ichor, green ooze.She named each item filling her tiny universe, but that failed to bring any ...
Small Eyselite 2y
Eyselite8588Small Tuliverine 2y
Scythe Archive

Letter to Eyselite

Eyselite, I am writing you on behalf of our comrades the Seekers. They seems to have run afoul of some poison that resists healing and may claim the life of their leader. They were so desperate for a cure a fellow Apothecary was able to get them t...
Small Nucifara 3y
Nucifara2194Small Eyselite 3y
Scythe Archive

Kungaloosh

“Kungaloosh, Kungaloosh…” He says the word over and over in his head, not realizing that he’s also saying it out loud. He’s alone, now—Tammra is away on some kind of spiritual reawakening—she explained it to him carefully, but he stopped listening...
Small Tuliverine 3y
Tuliverine0149Small Tuliverine 3y
Scythe Archive

Letter to Invar re Neurotoxin

Trooper,The rude apothecary passed along a neurotoxin to which you were seeking an antidote for the benefit of our elven allies. Please note this is a complex mixture involving numerous toxic herbs and a variety of creature venom to allow it to be...
Small Eyselite 3y
Eyselite0175Small Eyselite 3y
Scythe Archive

In The Fine Print (July Entry)

“Hm.” Hirrus stared down the troll for a minute.The troll sighed, his smile slowly turning downward. “Sorry. Just a little troll humor. Y’know wot I mean, mon?” There was a long pause. “I suppose not. I’m just trying to lighten the mood. We can do...
Small Hirrus 3y
Hirrus0143Small Hirrus 3y
Scythe Archive

July Writing Contest: The Troublemakers - Part One

Sholazar Basin, Northrend Six Months before the Fall of Icecrown“Two-brains.” A hand was being waved in front of his unseeing eyes, and the word was being said over and over. “Two-brains.” The voice was familiar. It did not provoke affection, or f...
Small Tuliverine 3y
Tuliverine0149Small Tuliverine 3y
Scythe Archive

A Jungle Encounter

Northern Stranglethorn“Fizz.”I’d succeeded in taking him unawares, and though I spoke his name quietly, he reacted as if I’d screamed it. Without looking to see who I was, he leaped off of his stool and made for the device—some sort of gun—on the ...
Small Tuliverine 3y
Tuliverine1165Small Tuliverine 3y
Scythe Archive

Curse (Eyselite story)

Setting up a ritual space in a cave filled with ambient oozes seemed trite to Eyselite, but at the same time, she couldn't deny that she felt comfortable in that environment. She justified the location to herself by asserting that every other geog...
Small Eyselite 3y
Eyselite1141Small Eyselite 3y
Scythe Archive

Finding Purpose

Bloodhoof Village“What is this unit’s purpose?”“Hmm—what?” Tuliverine looked up from his workbench—a makeshift span of clutter in the corner of the quarters he shared with Tammra—and seeing nothing, looked over its edge to find his mechanical assi...
Small Tuliverine 3y
Tuliverine1185Small Tuliverine 3y
Scythe Archive

Letter to Ofelia

Ofelia, I have written many letters today but have saved this one for the last. I fear attempting to put into words the regret I feel for what I put you through last night. We have spoken prior, back when we were imprisoned, and you know I am woma...
Small Nucifara 3y
Nucifara2179Small Wollüstig 3y
Scythe Archive

A Letter from the Shadows

Miss Ofelia,I know that things are difficult for you now, and though you may wish for others to simply leave you be, I feel compelled to inform you that not everyone is going to try and pull you to a side. The Scythe is bent on fighting itself, a...
Small Velindeyn 3y
Velindeyn2183Small Wollüstig 3y
Scythe Archive

Repayment And Regret

Note: The following story is only as canon as you think it is. Good luck trying to find a situation where Hirrus himself would admit to this being a thing that happened to him.Double patrols. Hirrus didn’t understand how this was a punishment. It ...
Small Hirrus 3y
Hirrus7669Small Hirrus 3y
Scythe Archive

Ofelia been workin'

Ofelia has decided to combine her skills in alchemy and flesh crafting with engineering. And so she has a new work outfit: (Seen here with her sister Marlies!)
Small Wollüstig 3y
Wollüstig1143Small Wollüstig 3y